This month, I’m excited to be part of the Starting Hurricanes StoryBundle, curated by Athena Andreadis of Candlemark & Gleam. This bundle offers eleven wonderful speculative works exploring the concept of great changes brought about by ordinary people. No Chosen Ones or demi-gods here–in this bundle it is the small things (and ordinary people), that, like the flutter of butterfly wings, might roil the winds of change into a hurricane.
In this bundle you will find, among other things, devastated Earths, humanity in complex interplanetary conflicts, disquieting alien biologies, and exiles in search of a home. The subgenres include space opera, near-future dystopia, far futures with magic-like technology, first contacts, and planetfalls. Some names you might recognize; others you might not…but there are worlds and wonder to discover behind each one.
If you’re not familiar with StoryBundle, you pay what you want for the first few books, and unlock the entire bundle for $15 or more. The basic bundle includes (in any ebook format):
• Dreams of Earth by Bud Sparhawk
• The Janus Legacy by Lisa von Biela
• Jumpship Hope by Adria Laycraft
• One’s Aspect to the Sun by Sherry D. Ramsey
For the bonus price of just $15 (or more), you get all four initial books, plus seven more for a total of eleven!
• Fault Lines by Kelly Jennings
• The Wan by Bo Balder
• River of Dust by Alexander Jablokov
• Finders by Melissa Scott
• Collaborators by Deborah J. Ross
• White Wing by Shariann Lewitt and Susan Shwartz
• Edge of Heaven by RB Kelly
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides:
• Get quality reads: works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
• Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
• Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
• Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now!
• Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com. For more information, visit their website at storybundle.com, tweet them @storybundle and like them on Facebook.